Mixed Up Microgreen Caprese Salad
The best part about this salad is you can mix it up so many ways! Here’s what we used.
- Big handful sun shoots, chopped into chunks
- Big handful of pea shoots, chopped into chunks
- Small handful of any other more delicate green (mild mix, radish, arugula, etc)
- 1/2 a mozzarella log cut up into cubes (or use the mozzarella balls)
- 1 ripe avocado, cut up into cubes
- 1/2 a pint of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3-4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
Toss the salad and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or dressing of choice. Serve immediately and enjoy!
NOTE: Also great blended with cooked pasta for a fresh, colorful pasta salad!
Microgreen Breakfast Toast
Use toast or vehicle of your choice (rice cake, pancake, etc) and add a generous helping of roasted red pepper hummus, half an avocado sliced, a bit of salt and pepper, and load it up with greens! Eat open faced or as a sandwich. Mix it up and use a different hummus or add a fried egg. This is my go-to breakfast when I have avocado handy!